Not sure I've EVER been this excited to write a post!!! Phenomenal week both at work and with my health. Work was tough as usual, but rolled through the punches and gave it my best. My last client of the week even asked if she could give me a hug because the session was such a success...great start to my weekend! Moreover a lot was on my mind after a convo with a friend. Talking about our childhoods, peers we associated with, and neighborhoods we grew up in...made me take a look back and really appreciate where I am today, She quoted it best, "Dang Jackie...coming where you came from you REALLY started from the bottom and look now". I like to look at them as my humble beginnings.....too much to tell but grateful because it has made me who I am today. But I'm a true believer that the past should stay right were it is...in the past. You learn the lessons and remember the facts, but you don't dwell or rehash....nothing comes from it. You always look starting from today and on....something I've always done but struggled when getting back into fitness. I couldn't help but think, "Wow I used to be so strong" or "I used to be so muscley [is that even a word]" which would then lead to not so great decisions. But this week made me exam a lot about myself in the realm of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I thought to myself....you know what...you're freakin human and 2014 hit you like a ton of bricks...so what? 2014 is done, gone, and ain't coming back,,,,so what are we doing for 2015 and on? Well...it's not dwelling in the past, not focusing on what I couldn't or can't, and definitely not focusing on what I used to be, What matters is who I am today and on...and today I'm am making moves and making decisions to be happy and healthier. With that I leave you with this quote and B.L.O.G.S
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
B - Boy oh boy I'm feeling more energized each day..sleeping is better and waking up is slightly easier (trust me....even slightly is huge for my non morning self lol), Muscles continue to protrude woot woot,
L - I've learned to live and let go...no more beating myself up...no more comparing my today self to my yesterday self....yes I was fit and damn it I will be again.
O - Made it to 5 workouts in one week....I have it in me! And working out is starting to not feel like a chore and I actually catch myself planning around my workout time and as my go to right after work!
G - Reached 2 goals this past week: worked out 5 times in a week and added my own weight training regiment. Next goal is to incorporate a second weight training day.
S - Love how my twerk team shows up...ready to sweat, pump iron, and most importantly twerk and have a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment