Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight. I live my life through proverbs, quotes, affirmations, prayers and whatever else will spark my fire for the day. Yesterday was a horrific day, but at the same time I achieved a new milestone. I was angry...just so dang angry. A combo of work and personal life really. You would think that this would be fuel to bust out a workout, but in my case..when I get this angry I need calmness and serenity. Any little thing or anyone can set me off when I get to this point. I'm not dangerous or anything people..I promise lol. But what I needed was some me time...no distractions, no stimulation, no people, no nothing. But previously, this would include going home, eating crappy, and/or drinking adult beverages. Yesterday something different happened. Instead of heading home and engaging in negative behaviors.....I cleaned, organized my jewelry into a new jewelry armoir I bought, and cooked a healthy dinner. Then got in bed and watched episodes of the Walking Dead until I fell asleep around 11ish. I woke up this morning so proud of myself...I broke the negative cycle. Instead of digging myself deeper, I chose to decompress through relaxation, small tasks, and reminders that my journey will have ups and downs, but my mind is tougher and ready for battle. A step closer to where I need to be and with that, here's my B.L.O.G.
B – Haven't really felt much yet, but I quickly remind myself that it took me 9 months to get where I'm at today and it will take me about the same amount of time (hopefully less) to get where I want to be. Body isn't in pain like before and I listen instead of forcing myself to do what I know I'm not ready to.
L – I am on a journey to get healthy again, but I also learned that taking these things day by day are so key. I'm learning to challenge my negative thoughts and to celebrate my successes instead of beating myself up for nto completing something.
O – Despite the weight I've gained, I'm still able to balance pretty well and do some of my old fave exercise moves with little to no modification!
G – Goal for next week is to food prep more consistently. I get so caught up in my weekend activities that I sometimes am too tired or forget to prep. Gotta get on that asap!
S – Each and every one of you guys is inspiring me and pushing me....bellieving in myself sometimes gets the best of me but then I hear you all cheering me on and I'm like buck that....Im the ish lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment